Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cheese Fries

I consider myself a bit of a adventurer when it comes to food. If I see something that looks entirely unusual and yet somehow exceptionally appetizing I'll feel inclined to try it. While working at the sub shop one night, my co-worker, Kat as she'll be known, told me how to make cheese fries because she enjoyed them. Now when I thought of cheese fries I assumed it would be like the kinds you buy at carnivals -- cheddar cheese smothered, overly soggy, and somehow stomach churning delicious.
I was strangely surprised to find out they were made with mozzerela and bacon if you wanted. Why had I never heard about this before? After perusing menus at local pizza places I found this is a really common way to make cheese fries. I lived in New York for almost six years and I had never even heard of a pizza/sandwich restaurant making cheese fries. If you ordered fries it came with ketchup, ranch dressing, or whatever dipping sauce was your fancy. Needless to say, cheese fries made this way is now on the top of my list for awesome foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment