Thursday, July 21, 2011

Subshop - Interview

The last job I had was working for a poorly managed sandwich shop. I wasn't exactly there for very long, yet the amount of experience I gathered while working there was interesting and amusing enough to create a short comic set from it. As with all jobs the first thing you have to do is go to an interview, which is what my first comic is about.

All of this actually happened. She also informed me that the owner of the place didn't want to interview the people because he didn't want to be biased over who he was hiring. That's the whole point of being an owner though, at least that's what I've assumed? You hire individuals you feel will be proper workers at your establishment? I suppose I'll never understand why some people are like that. Back to talking about the interview though. It wasn't till two weeks later that I was called and asked if I was still interested in the job. Probably one of the bad signs I should've recognized sooner was that on the phone I was asked if I still wanted the job in a "Are you like, still looking for a job? Gosh" manner. Of course I was desperate and I said I was still interested.

On the first day of the job I found out why it wasn't till two weeks later that I was asked if I still wanted the job. The other applicant who was there the same night as myself was given the job first. Now I don't want to sound cruel, but when I was there I could have told you the woman was a bit,   oh. . . crazy? At least that's what my first impressions were after seeing her and listening to her speak. It turns out she was crazy, so much in fact that she didn't follow anything they said, she worked only two days, and then she supposedly threatened the owner to pay her in cash for those two days of work because she was suddenly getting married and moving to Pennsylvania. So wow, I don't know what to say about all of that, yet after writing and drawing out these comics I'm thinking that maybe she was actually the smart one and dashed out of this place as soon as she could. As these comics unfold I guess you'll be able to formulate your own opinion regarding that.

No comments:

Post a Comment