Friday, October 28, 2011

Onions

Ah yes, onions, everyone's favorite thing to slice. Its their safe guard against critters or people wanting to eat them for their delicious accent with various dishes. While working at the shop I had to slice onions quite frequently, so often in fact that I think I built up an even stronger immunity to their tear inducing fumes.
There was a strange sense of mischievous delight I acquired from causing misery to customers and my coworkers. I wasn't very bothered by the onions for the most part, excluding a few bags that were so bad that people would actually walk in, grab their eyes in pain, and then dash out of the store like the world was about to end. The fact that our kitchen fan rarely ever worked to extract some of the smoke and fumes wasn't exactly helpful.

3 comments: